January 15, 2017, 10:30 AM
West Suburban Temple Har Zion
River Forest, Illinois
Chai Mitzvah builds and deepens Jewish connections within the congregation and community. Our tradition teaches us that a fully integrated Jewish life includes study, ritual and community involvement. Chai Mitzvah does just that, providing the framework for a meaningful Jewish journey.
There are five components to the nine-month Chai Mitzvah experience:
• Group study –meeting monthly on a set curriculum.
• Independent Study – something you would like to learn more about in Jewish life, history, literature, culture, etc.
• Ritual – choosing a ritual or spiritual practice to incorporate into your life
• Social Action – choosing either individually, or as a group, to commit to a local volunteer opportunity.
• Celebrate! At the end of the nine months, acknowledge the journey with some kind of celebration. Participants who finish the program receive a certificate from Chai Mitzvah, and a tree planted in their honor.
Contact Rabbi Glick at email@example.com or 708-366-9000 x3 for more information.